The Motor Trader…

If you buy, sell, repair or service and MOT vehicles either on a full or part time basis, you will be required by law to have Motor Trade Insurance policy.


 Motor Trade Insurance is designed for:

  • Sales of new or used cars, motorcycles and commercial vehicles,
  • Mechanical or Bodyshop Repairers
  • Auto Electricians
  • MOT Test Centres
  • Car Valeters
  • Tyre and Exhaust Stations
  • Windscreen Fitters
  • Breakdown or Recovery
  • Vehicle delivery
  • Salvage and Breakers

What does Motor Trade Insurance policy cover?

Motor Trade policies cater for businesses, varying in size and type, that provide essential road risk cover for vehicles both owned by the business and customers vehicles whilst in the custody, control or care of the business or sole trader.


How much does it all cost?

Finding the right cover at a competitive price can be a daunting task especially as there are so many different cover options to select when protecting your business. Each policy is tailor made to the customer and therefore the answer to this question is not something that can immediately be provided, but you can rest assured that once all your needs and requirements have been evaluated a search of the UK insurer market will provide a quote that covers you and your business from unexpected situations should you ever need to make a claim.

There is usually a free business helpline that provides advice on health and safety and business continuity with motor traders combined policies. In most cases, insurers will survey a premises and offer risk management support helping you manage your obligations and safeguard your business.

Updates to the Motor Insurance Database is another service we are happy to provide that gives you peace of mind and saves you more time and money.


What cover is available:

Our panel of insurers can provide cover for:

Material damage:

  • Your building or your landlords building if you have a legal liability to insure it
  • Your improvements if you are a tenant
  • Your trade contents
  • Your vehicles
  • Your customer’s vehicles and contents

Your legal liabilities:

  • Public Liability
  • Products Liability – covering the sale of goods
  • Sales and Servicing Indemnity on customer’s vehicles – also known as Defective Workmanship
  • Employer’s Liability – cover provided for your employees or any labour only sub-contractors, this is a legal requirement if you have staff

Professional Indemnity


Optional policy extensions

  • Business Interruption – payment if you cannot trade
  • Loss of MOT Licence
  • Goods in transit – to and from your location
  • Staff personal accident and sickness
  • Vehicle loan, hire and demonstration
  • Your trade plates
  • Engineering Inspection, where required by statutory law
  • Commercial claims legal expenses
  • Wrongful Conversion – cover for innocently selling a vehicle that is later repossessed by a Finance Company or the Police


If you would like to discuss how Omni Davis can find the right insurance for your business, property, car or home please contacts us on:

Tel: 01403 785775 or 01243 864018

Email: [email protected]


Previous PostNext Post

Leave a Comment